Young man from Meghalaya qualifies as AIFF match commissioner
In a three-day seminar conducted by the All India Football Federation(AIFF) for aspiring Match Commissioners in July 2017, 50 candidates appeared for the examination which was held at Mumbai and Kolkata respectively. Among the successful list of 24 candidates, Meghalaya lad Pynshngainlang Nicholas Jyrwa qualified the course which entitles him to officiate in various AIFF competitions.
“If I’m not able to put forward the concerns of my weaker section in the Parliament, I don’t have the right to stay”.
– BSP Chief Mayawati while resigning as Member of Parliament from Rajya Sabha.
“We are residing in India at a time when we do not know whether we have our democracy or not”.
– Mamta Banerjee while addressing the Martyr’s Day rally, commemorating the 1993 Kolkata firing.
Accused of corruption in land for hotel deals, “I was only 13 when the sale of railway hotels took place in 2004.I did not even have a moustache at that time. How can a 13 or 14-year old do all this?”
– RJD Chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s son and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav told reporters in Patna.
“I have proof that while the first 13 properties were transferred in his name when he was not yet 13, the rest came when he had already grown a ‘moustache and beard’, which makes him culpable,”
– BJP leader Sushil Modi addressing a press conference in Patna.
“Modi’s policies have created space for terrorists in Kashmir. Grave strategic blow for India #Amarnath TerrorAttack. Short term political gain for Modi from PDP alliance has cost India massively... Modi’s personal gain = India’s strategic loss + sacrifice of innocent Indian blood.”
– Slamming PM Narendra Modi, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi onTwitter
“Our society has found an able and competent contractor (PM Narendra Modi) for social welfare. But the danger is that we might put the entire onus on the contractor’s head and sleep. This shouldn’t happen. The people who work for public welfare have a feeling of worship for the country.”
– RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat addressing a function at New Delhi.